Many people believe that once the fall colors have peaked and faded, there’s no reason to come to Maine. Not true! We’ve got five reasons for you to take a few days to getaway and enjoy Maine’s southern coast region this November.
- Bundle up and walk the beaches looking for sea shells and sea glass. This time of year, parking is readily available on the road and we’ve got miles of sandy beaches that are perfect for exploring. Choose from Goose Rocks Beach in Kennebunkport, Gooch’s in Kennebunk or the lesser known Parson’s Beach off Route 9. There’s nothing like the crisp sea air in your face to wake up the senses and blow out the cobwebs!
- Want something a little more ‘educational’? Walk the hiking trails of Wells Reserve at Laudholm. Explore the beauty of south coastal Maine on their seven miles of easy to moderate trails. Whether it’s salt marshes, forest or the sandy stretch of beach at Laudholm, there’s so much to see and learn about in this beautiful reserve. Trails are open year round for hiking. We shouldn’t have snow in November, but if we do, you can also snowshoe and cross country ski on their paths.
- We have some of the best restaurants in New England here in Kennebunkport and most of them are still open for business in November. So you foodies out there can still enjoy lobster and seafood at Hurricane, chowder and lobster rolls at Alisson’s, farm to table and organic at Bandaloop and drinks and small plates at David’s KPT. Or kick back with a Shipyard beer at Federal Jacks and catch the latest game on TV. Good food without the crowds on offer all month!
- Pamper yourself! The Cottage Breeze Day Spa is open seven days a week in November. Treat yourself to a facial or massage or choose one of their Spa Packages and make a day of it. This beautiful, peaceful full service spa offers single and couple massages and their Mother-to-Be Pampered Bliss is a perfect way to spoil yourself if you’re getting away for a babymoon.
- Finish your day of pampering (shopping, walking or eating) with a glass of wine in front of the fire. Our guest rooms (all of them except York) are equipped with gas fires. Choose the Sebago Suite, Windsor or Arundel rooms and you will also have a Jacuzzi tub for soaking away the chill from outside. What better way to spend a couple of romantic days away?
So, while it’s not as busy in Kennebunkport in November as it is in July and August, that’s not a bad thing! We’re a perfect destination if you want to escape for a couple of days before you have to think about getting ready for the holidays. Come and relax and enjoy our town in the quieter season.